Digital Billing and Payments
January 11, 2022 | Online :: 1:00 - 2:15 PM Central Time
Customers get notified to pay their bills. If they have issues, they get in touch. They might enroll for autopay and paperless billing. Is this all for utility billing and payments CX? Absolutely not! There’s more to the story, and in this webinar, we explore what’s new in utility billing and payments and how digital platforms are playing their part in building operational excellence and delivering superior experiences.
Join us as we discuss the means to engage and empower customers with the right tools and intelligence, learn how to streamline billing, decode the digital payments ecosystem, and explore ways to build systemic efficiencies with the latest technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML)/natural language processing (NLP). We also share the story of ENSTAR Natural Gas as they gained higher customer satisfaction and paperless, e-payment adoption, increased self-service, reduced staff workloads & automated technology updates with SEW platforms.
- Discuss what’s next in billing and payments and how to improve the customer experience
- Explore the shifts in technology and how this creates opportunities in billing and payments
- Identify how to put increase revenues and put utilities on sound financial footing
- Review the increase in the use of mobile apps to help improve billing
- Discuss the use of artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing for billing and payments
Who Should Attend
- Customer Service
- Contact Centers
- E-business professionals
Tuesday, January 11, 2022 : Central Time
12:45 – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
1:00 – 1:10 p.m. :: Overview & Logistics
1:10 – 2:15 p.m.
- What’s next in billing and payments CX- from complaints handling to creating customer delight
- Technology-led shifts and opportunities in billing & payment services while ensuring value creation for customers and businesses
- Adoption of advanced rate designs and new models for managing and enhancing customer experience
- Putting utilities on a sound financial footing for long-term business health
- How to improve user experience journey on the billing & payment platform
- Mobile App Adoption: personalizing user experience & seamless billing transactions
- Where to start and next steps for your billing & payments strategy
- Applications of AI/ML in your billing and payments strategy
2:15 p.m. :: Webinar Conclusion
Christina Veltkamp, Manager, ENSTAR Customer Services
Ms. Veltkamp joined ENSTAR Natural Gas Company in November 2006 as a Customer Service Supervisor. Her experience included 2 years as a CIS and Customer Service Trainer and 7 years of supervisor and management experience from her previous job of 11 years with a local communications company in Alaska. In 2012, Christina was promoted to her current position as Manager of Customer Services. Like most managers, her responsibility ranges over several areas, to include but not limited to, Customer Service Call Center and Retail, Customer Correspondence, Credit and Collections, Billing and Customer Information System (CIS). Christina joined ENSTAR during a time of leadership and cultural transition, which allowed her the challenge and opportunity of introducing change through management style, technological efficiencies, and regulatory revisions. She completed the WEI Business Acumen for Emerging Leaders in 2019 and her experience with ENSTAR has been amazing. Christina was born and raised in Northern California but has lived in Alaska since 1995.
Darren Brady, Chief Customer Officer, Smart Energy Water
Darren Brady is an industry veteran who has worked in the finance, utility, energy, and consumer technology industries for over 28 years where he has had the opportunity to hold various executive roles including COO, SVP Customer Service, CIO, CFO, and EVP at several industry-leading public and private companies. He has significant experience in developing, executing, and growing solutions and businesses that support both business to consumer and business to business strategies across multiple industries.
Darren’s expertise includes Strategy & Vision, Business & Customer Transformation, Customer Strategy & Operations, Customer & Business IT, Finance/M&A/Funding, Revenue Management, Strategic Partnerships & Management, Global Business Development, Complex Transactions and Contract Negotiations, Go-To-Market Strategy and Execution, Retail Strategy & Execution, SaaS and Subscription Based Models, Managed Services, Solution Delivery, and Leadership & Management.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After November 30 you will not be able to join a Teams meeting using Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.