Risk Management & Insurance Considerations for Solar Projects
April 30, 2024 | Online :: Central Time
Having a comprehensive understanding of risk management in the context of the solar and renewable energy sector can be crucial to the success of new projects. EUCI’s Risk Management & Insurance Considerations for Solar Projects course is structured to provide foundational knowledge, practical application, and industry insights into risk transfer, and risk mitigation measures, with a focus on sustainability.
Our expert instructor will balance theory with practical application and conclude with the bottom-line recommendations or key takeaways to ensure that participants leave with clear and actionable next steps.
Bring your team to this intensive one-day training session and take advantage of discounts starting at 20% for groups of five or more!
- Define risk management and describe different approaches to it, setting the foundational understanding necessary for application
- Apply risk management strategies specifically to the solar project lifecycle, including the stages of development/acquisition, financing, construction, and operation, and articulate the unique challenges and strategies at each stage
- Explain the roles and values of insurance underwriters, risk advisers, and risk managers in the renewable energy sector, particularly regarding their contributions to the sustainability movement
- Analyze the current challenges (headwinds) and opportunities (tailwinds) in the renewable energy sector, understanding its significance in the energy transition and the broader sustainability movement
- Discuss the concept of a “sustainability business model” and its relevance in today’s energy landscape
- Identify immediate, medium-term, and long-term actions that can be implemented to enhance risk management in the renewable energy sector, as well as practices that should be discontinued for better efficiency and effectiveness
Tuesday, April 30, 2024 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
Log In and Welcome
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Foundational Understanding of Risk Management
The section starts with fundamental questions that set the stage for understanding risk management as a whole.
- What is risk management and how should you think about it?
- What are the risk management approaches?
Zoom In – Applying Risk Management to the Solar Project Lifecycle: Strategies for Success
This section will provide a detailed look into the solar project lifecycle, providing actionable steps that directly apply to industry practices.
- Applying Risk Management to the Solar Project Lifecycle: Strategies for Success. How to apply risk management to a solar project life cycle
- Get It: acquisition, development stage in the context of concentration risks
- Fund It: financing stage in the context of insurance requirement
- Build It: construction stage in the context of finding EPC contractor that you trust
- Run It: operating stage in the context of property claims
- How to expand on the role of an insurance underwriter in renewable energy?
- How to expand on the role of a risk adviser in the sustainability movement?
- How to bring value to the role of a risk manager?
Zoom Out – Solar Project Risk Management in Context
This section will discuss current challenges and opportunities in the renewable energy sector.
- What are some of the headwinds facing the sector today?
- What are some of the tailwinds propelling the sector today?
- What makes renewable energy important to the energy transition? And important to the sustainability movement?
- What is a “sustainability business model” anyway?
Practical Takeaways for Successful Solar Project Risk Management
The course will conclude with practical takeaways.
- What are the 3 things you can do immediately, medium term, long term?
- What are the 3 things you can stop doing immediately?
4:30 p.m. :: Program Adjourns
T Lee, Vice President, Insurance and Risk, Pine Gate Renewables
With over 15 years of experience in insurance underwriting and risk management, T Lee has honed a career that began at AIG—the largest insurance carrier in the world—and continued with the expansion of Hanover Insurance Group into the Pacific Northwest. Later, T transitioned to Essex Property Trust, the largest multi-family real estate investment trust on the West Coast, and then to Pine Gate Renewables, a fast-growing independent power producer. Her journey has been fueled by a blend of curiosity and analytical acumen. Her time in underwriting was marked by the formation of meaningful, productive relationships with insurance brokers, rooted in our mutual pursuit of problem-solving and growth. The art of handling objections and making compelling arguments was not just about closing the deal—it was about the people and the lasting connections that were formed. Transitioning from an insurance carrier to buyer-side risk management provided her with a fresh perspective on insurance & risk management, allowing her to utilize her technical communication skills within a business context. In risk management, her focus has been on strategic tool deployment, enabling organizational growth while ensuring resilience and swift recovery in the face of setbacks. This role has affirmed her belief that understanding and managing risks is integral to the success and longevity of a company.
T Lee has acquired the following credentials/education:
- Chief Risk Officer program from Carnegie Mellon University
- Sustainability Strategies program from Stanford University
- Associate in risk management (ARM) from The Institutes Knowledge Group
- Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) from the Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- BA in International Studies, Economics with Magna Cum Laude from UC San Diego
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a separate email with a unique link to a personalized landing page which will include links to join all sessions of this event.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all attendees for 7 days after the event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS EVENT:
Risk Management & Insurance Considerations for Solar Projects
April 30, 2024 | Online
|Individual attendee(s) - $ 895.00 each
Volume pricing also available
Individual attendee tickets can be mixed with ticket packs for complete flexibility
|Pack of 5 attendees - $ 3,580.00 (20% discount)
|Pack of 10 attendees - $ 6,265.00 (30% discount)
|Pack of 20 attendees - $ 10,740.00 (40% discount)
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before February 23, 2024 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800
EUCI is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must long on and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Power Point presentations and Q&A
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 7.5
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program field of study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Advanced Preparation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
Who Should Attend
- Risk Managers
- Risk Advisors
- Insurance Professionals
- Solar Project Developers
- Solar Project Managers
- Solar Energy Consultants
- Legal Counsel
- Financial Risk Consultants
- Renewable Energy Investment Advisors