Wildfire Mitigation: Wildfire Risk, Safety Culture & Innovations for Utility Operations – Part 2
September 17, 2020 | Online :: Pacific Time
This is a two-part complimentary webcast series. We encourage you to also participate in session 1:
This webinar will provide attendees an opportunity to:
- Identify remote strategies for weather monitoring
- Demonstrate knowledge of weather predictive services
- Develop action plans to mitigate wildfire threats
- Review benchmark technologies used for wildfire mitigation
- Explore new ways of forecasting and planning for wildfire risk
- Identify best practices and real-world examples of how to prepare for increased wildfire risk
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must be present for the entirety of the webinar to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Case Studies and PowerPoint presentations will be used in the program.
Who Should Attend
Individuals working in the following areas will benefit from attending this event:
- Electric Utility Leaders
- Utility Risk Management Professionals
- Utility Grid Planning and Operations Specialists
- Utility Transmission and Field Services Personnel
- State and Federal Agencies
- Mitigation Specialists
- Policy makers
Thursday, September 17, 2020 :: Pacific Time
1:45 – 2:00 p.m. :: Log In
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Webinar Timing
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. :: Q&A
Fostering a Culture of Safety in Utility Operations: Bite Size Technology Innovations that Support Wildfire Mitigation Efforts
A critical component of wildfire mitigation is the ability to assess and forecast wildfire risk based on weather conditions and other environmental factors. These variables are dynamic, and accurate forecasting requires processing a large amount of data from multiple sources. The National Weather Service and other organizations provide information on fire risk for different areas. Many power utilities in high fire risk areas deploy their own weather stations and other sensors to collect weather data from the field and use a wide range of technologies to determine the fire risk and make informed decisions regarding the operation of the power system. Attend this free webinar for the latest critical information:
- What are the industry benchmark technologies being used with wildfire agencies?
- How are the power utilities adapting to the ever-increasing wildfire risk exposure?
Investing in new technologies can be burdensome and expensive. Register for this free webinar to learn how these investments can be made into bite size, low cost solutions for immediate impact on increasing safety and operational efficiencies in power electric industry operations.
Lead Instructor: Shawn Bethel, Wildfire Mitigation Specialist; Director, Business Development, FTS
Tyler Smith, Technical Sales, FTS
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
|Wildfire Mitigation: Wildfire Risk, Safety Culture & Innovations for Utility Operations - Part 2||US $ 0.00|
This event has the following related events:
|Wildfire Mitigation: Wildfire Risk, Safety Culture & Innovations for Utility Operations - Part 1||US $ 0.00|
Take advantage of these discounts!
- Attend the FREE and Wildfire Mitigation: Wildfire Risk, Safety Culture & Innovations for Utility Operations - Part 1 and pay US $ 0.00 per attendee (save US $ 0.00 each)