T&D Asset Management Fundamentals
November 29, 2023 | Online :: Central Time
“This course provided an excellent high-level overview of asset management. There were good references for those working to dig further into areas of interest.” Plant Programming Coordinator, Ontario Power Generation
“This was an excellent way to gauge where peers in the industry are and share experiences. The roundtable discussion was a great way to share our experiences across the industry and see what is working and what we are working toward achieving.” Engineer, AEP
“I believe this was a very collaborative workshop. There are some contributing factors. Great consultant speakers, and utilities with a lot of experience.” Director T&D Asset Management, CPS Energy
“This workshop produces great insights into operationalizing and understanding the asset management philosophy regardless of the utility’s position along the asset management growth continuum.” Engineering Manager, T&D Assets, Barbados Light & Power
The goal of this one-day training course is to provide a foundation level of understanding of basic asset management principles, concepts, and techniques. The course is based on the IAMF Award training, which is aimed at anyone requiring basic knowledge of asset management to support their organization’s activities, including individuals who are:
- New to asset management roles or beginning an asset management career
- In roles that support or interact with an organization’s asset management activities
- Providing asset management services or supporting the delivery of these services
For organizations that are undertaking an asset management journey, it is critical for all stakeholders to have a shared understanding of the scope, goals, and work products associated with asset management. Also, one of the requirements for ISO 55000 certification is for all stakeholders across all levels of the organization to have a common understanding of asset management. This course will enable this understanding and provide evidence needed for a certification audit.
- Identify basic asset management concepts, principles, and terminology
- Assess the breadth of asset management activities
- Define some common characteristics of good asset management
- Evaluate the various commonly used techniques for asset management
- Judge the types of benefits organizations can realize from asset management programs
- Analyze the potential next steps for organizations who wish to engage in an asset management program
Wednesday, November 29, 2023 : Central Time
9:00 – 9:15 a.m.
Log In and Welcome
12:15 – 1:00 p.m.
9:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Basic Asset Management Concepts, Principles and Terminology
- Origins and History of Asset Management (PAS 55, ISO 55000)
- Drivers and Components of Asset Management
- Fundamental Concepts: Value, Alignment, Leadership, Assurance
The Breadth of Asset Management Activities
- Asset Management vs. Asset Management System
- The IAM “Six Box” Model
- Organizational Objectives and Context
- Asset Management Policy and Strategy
- Asset Management Plans
Common Characteristics of Good Asset Management
- Dimensions: Holistic, Systematic, Systemic, Risk-based, Optimal, Sustainable, Integrated
- Business Value Orientation
- Line-of-Sight Alignment
- Life Cycle Value Realization
- Risk-Based Orientation
Some Commonly Used Asset Management Techniques
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Technical vs. Economic Asset Life
- Whole Life Cost Analysis
- Life Cycle Decision-Making
- End-Of-Life Decision-Making – Expected Useful Life Analysis
- Condition Assessment – Asset Health Indices
- Risk Analysis
- Investment Optimization
- Asset Performance Management
The Types of Benefits Organizations Can Realize
- Finding the Right Balance Between Cost, Risk and Performance
- Improved Capital Efficiency
- Optimized Maintenance Spending
- Better Collaboration Between Key Roles Across Asset Life Cycles
Potential Next Steps for Organizations Who Wish to Continue With Their Asset Management Journey
- Organizational Models
- Change Management
- Enabling Technology and Data
- Maturity Level Assessments
- Competency Development
- Transformation Roadmaps
Tom Myers, Asset Management Consultant
Tom Myers is a Fellow of the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) and a member of the IAM USA Executive Board. He is an IAM Endorsed Trainer and Endorsed Assessor with over 20 years of asset management consulting experience. Tom has over 35 years of experience as a management consultant with top-tier firms in the industry and has worked on more than 80 projects at over 50 companies in 10 countries. His educational background and extensive worldwide experience have provided him with a unique understanding of the technical, operational, and financial challenges related to asset management. Tom is a frequent speaker on asset management issues and recognized thought leader in the industry.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a separate email with a unique link to a personalized landing page which will include links to join all sessions of this event.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all attendees for 7 days after the event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS EVENT:
T&D Asset Management Fundamentals
November 29, 2023 | Online
|Individual attendee(s) - $ 895.00 each|
Volume pricing also available
Individual attendee tickets can be mixed with ticket packs for complete flexibility
|Pack of 5 attendees - $ 3,580.00 (20% discount)|
|Pack of 10 attendees - $ 6,265.00 (30% discount)|
|Pack of 20 attendees - $ 10,740.00 (40% discount)|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before October 27, 2023 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800
EUCI is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log on and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Case studies and PowerPoint presentations will be used in this course
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 8.0
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program field of study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Advanced Preparation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org