Project Cost & Schedule Management
February 9, 2021 | Online :: Central Time
“EUCI made me believe that learning is not locked down during COVID 19 pandemic time. EUCI provided online learning opportunity which proved that learning from home is possible!” –Operations Support Analyst, TC Energy
”Teams was very easy to navigate and made for a great and easy platform to use.” –Sr. Communications Specialist, Pepco Holding
This course will give the participant a strong overview of project costs, budgeting, and scheduling. To develop a definitive project budget, one must first determine the scope of the project. This requires discussions with key stakeholders, supplier quotes, expenses, and contingency budgets. Further, maintaining the budget (i.e. preventing cost overruns) is an important part of managing a project. Students will be able to utilize these techniques immediately upon return to their current work role.
This event will also give the participant an introduction to project scheduling. Similar to budgets, the project’s scope serves as the foundation to schedule development. Further, maintaining the schedule is an important part of managing a project.
The course content is in compliance with the PMBOK© (Project Management Body of Knowledge) as published by the Project Management Institute.
- Obtain a high comfort level in developing a budget and apply earned value techniques
- Recognize the importance of Net Present Value (NPV)
- Apply a successful approach in managing scope (and by extension, the budget and schedule)
- Recognize the value of a contingency budget, capital vs. operating expenses, and sunk costs
- Identify how to develop a project schedule from the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Apply earned value techniques to determine project schedule and budget status
- Review how schedule slips impact the budget
- Know scheduling terms and how to determine the critical path
- Recognize project dependencies and schedule impacts
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log in and be in attendance for the entirety of the webinar to be eligible for continuing education credit.
PowerPoint presentations, interactive group exercise, and group discussion will be used during this webinar.
Who Should Attend
Project executives, product and project managers, general managers, engineers, and operations managers.
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m. :: Log In and Welcome
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. :: Lunch Break
- How the project scope determines the budget
- Determining project requirements
- Why proformas and net present value are important
- Capital vs. operating expense
- Overheads, contingencies, and sunk costs
- Types of estimates
- Earned value analysis for both budget and schedule
- What should be included in my budget?
- Use of the PERT formula
- Cash flows
- Sunk costs and project cancellation criteria
- Project scope: The WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Defining project activities using the WBS
- Determining resource requirements
- How to develop and use a network
- Earned value schedule analysis
- Key scheduling terms
- Use of the PERT (Program Evaluation and Review Technique) formula for activity durations
- The schedule as a communications tool
David Tennant, Windward Consulting Group LLC
David Tennant has successfully directed over $3.5 Billion in projects, programs, and resources. With degrees in engineering and business, he has a unique perspective on projects at both the practitioner and executive levels. His experience includes engineering, operations, marketing, board leadership, consulting, training, and numerous executive roles.
Mr. Tennant has had projects worldwide and published over 35 articles on technical and managerial topics. His experience includes utilities, manufacturing, services, telecom, R&D, and EPC (engineering) firms. He is a registered professional engineer and certified project manager (PMP).
Our courses are designed to be the best possible use of your valuable time – get the information you need to improve your position in the market in an interactive, dynamic format.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Single Connection - Project Cost & Schedule Management||US $ 795.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 3,575.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 5,965.00|
|Pack of 20 Connections||US $ 9,540.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before January 08, 2021 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800