Financial Modeling for Energy in Excel
December 7-8, 2020 | Online :: Central time
There are few tools that are simpler and more versatile than Excel when it comes to business analysis and financial modeling. The Financial Modeling for Energy in Excel course will teach attendees how to leverage Excel to do both basic and intermediate financial calculations, with a focus on the Energy Sector. Along with key functions and features, students will learn best practices for the layout of inputs and the visualization of your outputs for various financial functions.
The course covers crucial topics including operational function and analysis, financial mechanics, and valuation metrics. Financial Modeling for Energy in Excel will teach the skills needed to effectively and efficiently calculate and analyze financial models for the energy sector.
- Review the principles of intuitive model creation
- Build simple models with clean data, inputs, and outputs
- Use built-in Excel functions to perform common financial calculations
- Engage pivot tables to manipulate data
- Employ lookup functions
- Create intuitive visualizations for your data and model outputs
- Use Excel to do intermediate level valuations such as Discounted Cash Flow analysis, Perpetuities, Annuities, Bond Pricing and funding mechanics
- Utilize principals of variance and how they apply to portfolio theory
- Create forecasting and pricing models, using the linear regression capabilities of Excel
- Evaluate risk in a portfolio
- Determine option principles and walk-through example pricing of vanilla options
- Create a simple simulation to value a non-linear contract payout
- Calculate and analyze investment metrics
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.9 CEUs for this event.
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 10.5
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Delivery Methood: Group-Live
Advanced Preperation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must be in attendance for the entirety of the course
Power Point presentations, open discussion, examples and explanation of fuses materials
Monday, December 7, 2020 – Central Time
8:30 – 9:00 am :: Log In
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. :: Lunch Break
Financial Modeling Course Introduction
Introduction to Excel
- Model Principles
- Formatting Inputs and Outputs for Intuitive Use
- Basic Formulas for Finance
- Copying, Dragging, Anchoring
- Placement of Data and Lookups
- Pivot Tables
- Visualizing your Data
- Hacking Excel
- Custom Charts
Introduction to Excel and Financial Modeling, TVM
- Beta, Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
- Perpetuities and Growing Perpetuities
- Annuities and Mortgage Payments
- Bond Valuation
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. :: Lunch Break
Introduction to Financial Modeling for Energy, Financials
- Financial Statements
- Intrinsic Value
Introduction to Financial Modeling, Pricing in Energy
- Pricing Swaps
- Pricing Swing
- Pricing Blends
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 : Central Time
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. :: Log In
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
Introduction to Financial Modeling, Forecasting in Energy
- Scatter Charts, Trend Lines
- Demand Forecasting using Like-days
- Demand Forecasting using Linear Regression
Introduction to Financial Modeling, Options & Risk
- Volatility Curves
- Intro to Options
- Option Pricing
- Standard Deviation, Variance, Correlation, Portfolio Variance
- Risk Assessment
- Basic Simulations
Joshua Buras, CFA, Director Regional Portfolio Management, Calpine Energy
Joshua Buras has 18 years of experience in financial modelling and trading for the commodity sector, with tenures at Sempra Energy, RBS, Noble Group, and Calpine. Over that tenure he has built out multiple pricing platforms, risk assessment systems, marketing and customer-facing analysis tools, process workflows, process automation and trading systems. He currently manages a portfolio of power for a one of the largest combined retail power platforms in the U.S. Joshua holds a Master of Business Administration from the UCLA Anderson School of Management and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of California, San Diego. Joshua is also a holder of the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
Our courses are designed to be the best possible use of your valuable time – get the information you need to improve your position in the market in an interactive, dynamic format.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Single Connection - Financial Modeling for Energy in Excel||US $ 1195.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 4,780.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 8,365.00|
|Pack of 20 Connections||US $ 14,340.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before November 06, 2020 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800