Utility Supply Chain Excellence and Impacts of COVID-19
November 11-12, 2020 | Online :: Central Time
This course will offer a practical multi-faceted look at utility supply chain excellence through foundational concepts and what has proven to work well at utilities while also discussing the impacts to utility supply chains as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The foundation of the day and a half of engaging instruction will be; what is supply chain excellence and what are the hallmarks of when it works well? Services that are delivered effectively and efficiently and how to connect with customers for mutual success will be explored as well.
Additionally, a discussion on how organizations ensure consistent improvement and build internal expertise over time will round out the course material. Through a mix of lecture and interactive discussions, participants will come away with a deeper understanding of the key ingredients to achieve excellence in utility supply chains.
- Review a utility supply chain excellence model
- Engage in a discussion on maturity curves, leading practices, and common pain points
- Discuss service delivery concepts with models and methods for measuring service performance
- Review key concepts of organizational design and structure
- Incorporating lessons learned from the pandemic’s effect on the supply chain
- Decide what important performance keys for success are while including benchmarks with metrics to drive performance
- Expand on lessons learned from case studies
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.9 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log in each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Case studies, PowerPoint presentations, and group discussion will be used in this event.
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 Central Time
9:00 – 9:15 a.m. :: Log In
9:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. :: Lunch Break
- The Utility Supply Chain Excellence Model
- Functional Excellence
- Functional overview
- Maturity curves
- Leading practices
- Common pain points
- Lessons from the recent pandemic
- Service Excellence
- Achieving strategic alignment with customers
- Service delivery concepts
- A model for service delivery
- Measuring service performance
- Organizational Excellence
- Overview and key concepts
- Cultural success factors
- Organizational design and structures
- Staffing and talent management
- Day Review and Questions
Thursday, November 12, 2020 Central Time
9:00 – 9:15 a.m. :: Log In
9:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. :: Course Timing
- Performance Excellence
- Incorporating lessons learned from the pandemic
- Overview and keys to success
- Select industry benchmarks
- Using metrics to drive performance
- Gap-based business planning
- Case Studies
- Course Review and Final Questions
- Duke Energy Case Study
- Covid 19 Challenges at Duke Energy
- Incident Support Team
- Procurement Challenges
- Distribution Challenges
- Innovative Actions Taken In-House (Hand Sanitizer/Disinfectants)
- Lessons Learned
Marc Miller, Partner, ScottMadden
Marc Miller is a partner with ScottMadden and has more than 15 years of experience helping business leaders become more successful. Marc also leads ScottMadden’s public power and electric cooperatives practice.
- Specialties include strategic and business planning, operational transformation, process improvement, program design and implementation, organizational design and staffing, and other management practices across a broad range of functions in several industries
- Prior to joining ScottMadden, Marc gained extensive experience through various leadership positions in operations, supply chain, sales, and customer service
- Marc received a bachelor of industrial engineering with highest honor and a master of science in industrial engineering from Georgia Tech, where he was a National Merit Scholar, a Governor’s Scholar, and a George Fellow
John Francis, Partner, ScottMadden
John Francis is the co-lead of ScottMadden’s supply chain community of practice.
- Specialties include supply chain management, benchmarking, assessments, future state road maps, sourcing strategy, service delivery, and shared services design
- He has deep experience in industrial distribution, energy and utilities, retail, food and beverage, and distribution of petroleum products
- Prior to joining ScottMadden, John spent 13 years at McMaster-Carr Supply Company, a multibillion-dollar industrial supply firm. He was vice president and one of 13 officers at the firm and was directly responsible for $400 million P&L, 400,000 SKUs, $65 million in inventory, and 700 staff members. He was responsible for the functional areas of materials management, inventory management, finance, contact center operations, marketing, and human capital management.
- John received a B.S. in applied mathematics and economics from Brown University.
Eric Lutz, Director of Nuclear Supply Chain, Duke Energy
- Eric has worked for Duke Energy since 2010 in various roles of increasing responsibility within Supply Chain.
- Prior to that Eric served as Senior Manager of Facilities Services @ Freeport McMorran Copper & Gold located in Papua Indonesia.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Single Connection - Utility Supply Chain Excellence and Impacts of COVID-19||US $ 1195.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 4,780.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 8,365.00|
|Pack of 20 Connections||US $ 14,340.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before October 09, 2020 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800