If this event is of interest, you may also be interested in Utility Accounting 101 on October 2. Receive an additional discount for attending both events.
This training was designed primarily for accountants and non‐accountants in the energy and utility field. We will break down the FERC Uniform System of Accounts. The goal is for participants to have a better understanding of the accounting function and how their role fits into the accounting function.
- Examine the basics of FERC Uniform System of Accounts framework
- Discuss the difficulties of following FERC Uniform System of Accounts
- Identify the Uniform System of Accounts general accounting rules
- Explain retirement accounting
- Describe the plant/work order process
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event.
This program will use PowerPoint Presentations, group discussions, as well as active participation.
Requirements for a Successful Completion of Program
Participants must sign in/out each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. :: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. :: Group Luncheon
- Understand the FERC USoA framework
- Deep dive into the USoA general accounting rules
- Understanding of plant accounting
- Basics of FERC USoA Framework
- General accounting instructions
- Electric plant accounting instructions
- Operating expense instructions
- Difficulties of following FERC USoA
- Deeper dive into the plant/work order process
- Overhead analysis
- Construction work in process and monitoring of work orders
- Types of plant (generation, transmission, distribution, general)
- Accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense
- Retirement accounting
- Impairment of assets
Julie Desimone, Partner, National Practice Leader, Energy & Utilities, Moss Adams, LLP
Julie is the leader of the firm’s Energy & Utilities Practice and has been providing auditing, accounting, and consulting services since 2000. She serves clients in the energy and utility industry, including enterprise funds of governments. Some of her specific areas of focus include: advanced utility accounting, regulatory assets and liabilities, technical auditing (including A-133 single audits), contracting, internal control evaluation, litigation support, and relationship management.
Julie currently serves on the firm’s training and development committee, audit task force, and recruiting program. She is also a regular speaker on technical and operational issues related to the energy and utility industry.
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
To reserve your room, please call 1-714-750-1234
Please indicate that you are with the EUCI group to receive the group rate.
The room rate is $125.00 single or double plus applicable taxes.
Room Block Dates:
A room block has been reserved for the nights of October 1 – 2, 2017.
Rate Available Until:
Make your reservations prior to September 20, 2017. There are a limited number of rooms available at the conference rate. Please make your reservations early.