Remote Project Management
September 28, 2020 | Online :: Central Time
If this event is of interest you may also be interested in this related event
Energy Project Portfolio Management, September 29-30, 2020
Although managing projects remotely is not a new concept, the process became a requirement in 2020, therefore leading countless people and organizations into what could potentially be unfamiliar territory. Through this course, attendees will understand how to successfully initiate, manage, and complete projects from home, as well as how the process differs compared to face-to-face management systems and styles. Attendees will be walked through everything from how to communicate online effectively, how to manage both teams and individuals from afar, and how to become or continue to be an approachable and successful project manager or participant whose leadership transcends from project to project.
- Review the project planning process, including how to build a Work Breakdown Structure and reviewing potential risks
- Discuss the different tools teams can use while developing and executing a project, as well as the communications tactics to employ
- Review best practices for conducting meetings, as well as leadership tactics that will help to streamline productivity, expectations, and communication
- Explain how to manage individual and group success and how to monitor towards a successful project completion
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log in and be in attendance for the entirety of the webinar to be eligible for continuing education credit.
PowerPoint presentations, interactive group exercise, and group discussion will be used during this online course.
Monday, September 28, 2020 Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m. :: Log In
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. :: Lunch Break
- The Project Planning Process – What you need to pay extra attention to
- Building the WBS; scope agreement
- Performing remote risk reviews
- Monitoring and Control of the Project – Keeping tabs on your project, remotely
- Communications – Getting the message across
- Team Charter
- Essentials of good teamwork
- Problem escalation
- Personality styles for remote work
- Roles and responsibilities; stakeholders
- Tracking issues
- Tools/Technologies – Consideration for a virtual team
- Types of Technology – Zoom, MS Teams, computers, etc.
- Best Practices for Conducting Meetings – Conference calls/video calls
- Decision making – How will this occur? What is the process?
- Managing expectations
- Building trust – An integral part of integrity
- Rewards system – Based on milestones
- Cultural aspects and sensitivities
- Environment – Professionalism
- Conflict resolution
- Escalating problems
- Meetings – Group and individual
- Virtual Teams – Building and nurturing a highly engaged and productive team
- Managing Individual Performance – Hiring and developing people to be successful in virtual setting
- The Paradigm Shift – Closing thoughts on the workplace of the future and the role of project managers in its success
David Tennant, Windward Consulting Group LLC
David Tennant has successfully directed over $3.5 billion in projects, programs, and resources. With degrees in engineering and business, he has a unique perspective on projects at both the practitioner and executive levels. His experience includes engineering, operations, marketing, board leadership, consulting, training, and numerous executive roles.
Mr. Tennant has had projects worldwide and published over 35 articles on technical and managerial topics. His experience includes utilities, manufacturing, services, telecom, R&D, and EPC (engineering) firms. He is a registered professional engineer and certified project manager (PMP).
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Single Connection - Remote Project Management||US $ 795.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 3,575.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 5,965.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
This event has the following related events:
|Energy Project Portfolio Management||US $ 1195.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 5,375.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 8,965.00|
Take advantage of these discounts!
- Attend the Course and Energy Project Portfolio Management and pay US $ 1,895.00 per attendee (save US $ 95.00 each)
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before August 28, 2020 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800