Energy Project Portfolio Management
September 29-30, 2020 | Online :: Central Time
If this event is of interest you may also be interested in this related event
Remote Project Management, September 28, 2020
Utilities have an abundance of projects with varying needs vying for resources. Portfolio Management is the practice of identifying the highest value projects for execution at the right time in order to promote the strategic initiatives of a corporation. It allows for comparison and prioritization of investments, while monitoring and measuring individual project effectiveness and contribution to the overall portfolio goals.
The benefits of implementing portfolio management are:
- Establishing priorities to drive clear decision-making regarding execution
- Ensuring resources are adequately utilized and levelized across various teams
- Improving performance of the organization through line of sight to strategic initiatives
This course is for those engaged in planning, identifying, and executing the portfolio of projects needed for utilities to successfully execute on their strategic objectives.
- Identify the major tenants of Portfolio Management and the similarities and differences between project management and portfolio management
- Evaluate basis for project identification in alignment with business objectives or strategic initiatives
- Explore techniques for project prioritization, evaluating projects against one another to determine the appropriate portfolio for execution
- Recognize resource and schedule limitations and incorporate resource management techniques into portfolio management
- Determine appropriate measures for identifying portfolio success
- Discuss the need for governance, communication, and review processes to establish peer and leadership buy-in
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.9 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for a Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log on each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
This program will use PowerPoint Presentations, group discussions, as well as active participation.
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 am :: Log In and Welcome
9:00 am – 4:00 pm :: Course Timing
12:00 – 12:30 pm :: Lunch Break
Short breaks will be taken throughout the sessions
Portfolio Management Overview
- Identify what project management and portfolio management look like at your organizations today and what opportunities exist for improvement. Why are both forms of management necessary?
- Discuss stakeholders engaged in the process. Who are they, what do they contribute into the process and what deliverables do they need in return from the process?
- Review strategic initiatives specific to your organization and others for consideration in portfolio planning going forward.
- Identify inputs and information needed to successfully analyze projects and programs within a portfolio.
- Review resource limitations-what items need to be considered?
Project Prioritization, Portfolio Building and Metrics
- Discuss techniques to score and weight projects in alignment with initiatives.
- Complete exercise to explore the prioritization process using Excel.
- Review resource constraints and modify portfolio accordingly.
- What defines the success of different initiatives? What measures are tracked on individual projects to demonstrate progress towards the initiatives?
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 am :: Log In and Welcome
9:00 am – 12:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
Short breaks will be taken throughout the sessions
Process Governance, Communication and Approvals
- Develop channels for identification.
- Identify information needed from stakeholders to facilitate portfolio process.
- Discuss feedback loops – who needs to know and when? How often should portfolio be reviewed and adjusted?
- Develop approval process and timelines.
- What is one action that you can take leaving today to help your organization make progress in the portfolio management space?
Jackie A. Becker, Director, Transmission Portfolio Management, Planning and Project Controls, Ameren Services Company
Jackie A. Becker is Director, Transmission Portfolio Management, Planning and Project Controls for Ameren Services Company, a subsidiary of Ameren Corporation headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Ameren Corporation’s three transmission asset-owning operating companies (Ameren Illinois, Ameren Missouri and ATXI) are members of the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) with nearly 8,200 miles of transmission lines and over $3.0 billion of transmission assets as of December 2018.
Since 2015, Jackie has led the portfolio management activities for Ameren Transmission, focusing on compiling and prioritizing identified transmission projects for inclusion in the budget, generating cost estimates and project schedules, identifying risks and potential mitigations, and providing requisition management assistance for capital construction projects within the Ameren transmission business segment. This role has given her experience working with a large variety of internal and external stakeholders, allowing her to develop effective communication strategies for appropriate involvement at the right times.
Jackie is a proud alumna of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. She also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. She is a licensed Professional Civil Engineer in both Illinois and Missouri. Ms. Becker is a graduate of the CORO Women in Leadership program and was designated a Rising Star for the 2016 Women’s Energy Summit.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Energy Project Portfolio Management - (single connection)||US $ 1195.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 5,375.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 8,965.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
This event has the following related events:
|Remote Project Management||US $ 795.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 3,575.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 5,965.00|
Take advantage of these discounts!
- Attend the Course and Remote Project Management and pay US $ 1,895.00 per attendee (save US $ 95.00 each)
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before August 28, 2020 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800