Canna Business Trends: Success During and After the Pandemic
September 14, 2020 | Online :: Central Time
The cannabis industry is always changing. From evolving regulatory requirements, to the rise of new cannabis brands, change is constant. The most successful canna businesses have survived partly because of their abilities to adapt. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced all businesses to shift their models to survive. In many ways, the cannabis industry was uniquely prepared for the crisis. Even during the economic recession, many canna businesses are posting record breaking sales.
The pandemic has taken a toll on city budgets. Many cities are beginning to come onboard for cannabis licensing, as they look for ways to increase tax and licensing for revenue purposes. Industry insiders are predicting increasing opportunities in local cannabis markets within the next 12-18 months as cities look for ways to ramp up revenue. During this free webinar you’ll get an overview of realistic taxing and licensing expectations during this unique time. This one-hour session will be packed with content, including input on:
- Local Taxation
- Land Use
- Licensing Structures
- How to Advocate for Licensing in Your Area
- How to Create the Change You Want
Attend this free webinar where Ikanik Farms Senior VP and Former Chief of Cannabis Policy for Sacramento, Joe Devlin, will outline best practices for successful implementation and continued success of cannabis businesses.
This webinar will provide attendees an opportunity to:
- Identify strategies for taking advantage of post-COVID opportunities in canna business
- Demonstrate knowledge of realistic licensing procedures
- Develop action plans for success during the next 12-18 months
- Understand how to advocate for licensing in your area
- Explore best practices and real-world examples of how to navigate the current tax and licensing structures
Monday, September 14, 2020 : Central Time
1:45 – 2:00 p.m. :: Log In
2:00 – 2:45 p.m. :: Webinar Timing
State of the Industry
How COVID-19 has changed canna business
How to capitalize on new ballot measures and additional licensing
Licensing procedures, land use, and tax
The Changing Market
How to advocate for licensing in your area
Action steps and best practices for additional opportunities in the canna market in the next 12-18 months
2:45 – 3:00 p.m. :: Q&A
Joe Devlin, Senior VP, Ikanik Farms and Former Chief of Cannabis Policy for Sacramento
Joseph M. Devlin is the Senior Vice President of Market Development & External Affairs at Ikänik Farms®. Prior to joining Ikanik, Joe created and then led California’s first municipal office for regulating cannabis. Under his leadership as Chief of Cannabis Policy and Enforcement, the City of Sacramento became a national leader, pioneering industry best practices on social responsibility, security, equity and more. Joe has over 20 years of public policy experience, including tenures with California State Legislature as well as local government.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.