Virtual Engagement Tools for Transmission Projects
May 28, 2020 | Online :: 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Central Time
Utilities, agencies and organizations across the world have been flexing quickly to modify their engagement efforts amidst the current COVID-19 situation. As with this current situation and possible future scenarios, business must go on, and to help appropriately adapt, utilities need to be flexing their virtual engagement tools and techniques to accommodate project schedules. This webinar is aimed at providing guidance on public and stakeholder engagement techniques in the virtual space. Participants will be able to learn about key components and best practices to achieve success in the virtual engagement space. Additionally, this program will showcase and discuss a wide range of engagement platforms and resources.
- Discuss the rules of virtual engagement
- Review statutory requirements and compliance resources with regards to virtual engagement meetings
- Review the creation of relevant profiles of resource types
- Gain an understanding of audience expectations & considerations for engagement
- Discuss the types of meetings possible such as: on-demand meetings and live virtual meetings
- Review how outreach is key using social media and advertising
- Assess how to measure and celebrate success
- Gain an understanding of the content, visual, and platform best practices
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must be logged in to the Webinar for its entirety to receive continuing education credit.
A Web-based PowerPoint presentation and online interactive question/answer session will be used in this webinar.
- Introductions & Rules of Virtual Engagement
- Learning Objectives
- Share key components and best practices to achieve success in the virtual engagement space
- Showcase and discuss platforms and resources
- Understanding Statutory Requirements
- Audience Expectations & Considerations for Engagement
- Targeted outreach
- Engaging interactions
- Outcome-oriented process
- Meeting Types
- On-demand meetings
- Live virtual meetings
- Outreach is Key
- Social Media Outreach
- Audience identification
- Live streaming
- Social Media Outreach
- Measure & Celebrate Success
- Content Best Practices
- Visual Best Practices
- Platform Best Practices
Dr. Katie Hatfield Edstrom, Strategic Communications Power Sector Lead, HDR
Dr. Katie Hatfield Edstrom is a skilled communication strategist with expertise in message construction and audience analysis. Formerly a professor in the discipline of Communication Studies, she brings her specializations in public communications, visual messaging, campaigns and social movements, and media communications to best serve her client and community needs. She’s been with HDR for 8 years and currently serves as a Project Manager and as HDR’s Strategic Communications Power Sector Lead. In these roles, she supports the global practice by growing client relationships and helping to deliver project success for clients by identifying key solutions, strategies and resources on project approach and implementation. She is also a trained facilitator through the Leadership Institute.
Our courses are designed to be the best possible use of your valuable time – get the information you need to improve your position in the market in an interactive, dynamic format.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
|Virtual Engagement Tools for Transmission Projects||US $ 295.00|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before May 01, 2020 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800