Crisis Leadership: Strategic Decision-Making and Data Analysis
May 26, 2020 | Online :: 2:00 - 3:30 pm Central
If this event is of interest you may also be interested in these related events
Crisis Communications I: Leading Strategically During Uncertainty, May 27, 2020 | Online
Crisis Communications II: Planning, Preparedness and Mitigation, May 28, 2020 | Online
The current marketplace during this pandemic is forcing utility and energy leaders to make sweeping decisions affecting workforce size, load demands, emergency operations, and forgiveness and extensions for customers. During this 90-minute webinar, Parag Vaish, Founder-in-Residence, Area 120, Google, and author of Team Decision Matrix, will provide expert insight into successful decision-making at the enterprise level. Data is needed to make informed decisions. But what do you do when you don’t have complete data available and you’re running out of time? This webinar will demonstrate how to efficiently process decision-making with data-driven prioritization methodology. Utilities need to bolster team dynamics and workplace culture, and leaders need to make a multitude of decisions quickly. By the end of this webinar, you will possess the tools needed to rank and prioritize the needs of your business and use proven methodology to make confident choices in a demanding environment.
- Discuss the balancing of priority and vision
- Define the HiPPO approach
- Demonstrate the OGSM model for business planning
- Prioritize measures and action
- Develop your contributing team
- Identify value vectors
- Manage the decision-making process
- Establish the process of creating alignment in the workplace
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must be in attendance for the entirety of the course
Power Point presentation, video, and interactive discussion
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Course Timing: 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. Central Time
- The Balancing Act: Vision & Prioritization
- HiPPO: 3 Case Studies
- How they differ in terms of management
- Understanding the OGSM Model
- How to create effective strategies
- How to apply measures and action
- Ranking and Prioritizing Available Data
- Identifying Value
- Identifying the Contributing Team
- Managing the Decision-making Process
- The Art of Creating Alignment
Parag Vaish, Founder-in-Residence, Area 120, Google, and Author of Team Decision Matrix
Parag Vaish is an innovative leader in the field of digital product management and design. He has an extensive track record of success in both product and business roles. Parag has worked at industry giants like the Walt Disney Company, Microsoft, NBC News, StubHub!, athenahealth, and Tesla, and innovative startups like Escapia (acquired by HomeAway). Parag’s unique mixture of team leadership skills, his emphasis on quantitative analysis, and his vision make Parag an industry leader in his field. Parag is currently a Founder-in-Residence at Google in the Area 120 group after transitioning from his position as Head of Digital Product Management, Content & Design at Tesla. Parag Vaish earned a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, at California State University, and an MBA and M.S. in Information Systems at Boston University.
Our courses are designed to be the best possible use of your valuable time – get the information you need to improve your position in the market in an interactive, dynamic format.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ