Utility Supply Chain Fundamentals
April 15-16, 2019 | Chicago, IL
This course will offer a practical multi-faceted look at utility supply chain excellence through foundational concepts and what has proven to work well at utilities. The foundation of the day and a half of engaging instruction will be what is supply chain excellence and what are the hallmarks of when it works well. Services that are delivered effectively and efficiently and how to connect with customers for mutual success will be explored as well. Additionally, a discussion on how organizations ensure consistent improvement and build internal expertise over time will round out the course material. Through a mix of lecture and interactive discussions, participants will come away with a deeper understanding of the key ingredients to achieve excellence in utility supply chains.
- Review a utility supply chain excellence model
- Engage in a discussion on maturity curves, leading practices and common pain points
- Discuss service delivery concepts with models and methods for measuring service performance
- Review key concepts of organizational design and structure
- Decide what important performance keys for success are while including benchmarks with metrics to drive performance
- Expand on lessons learned from case studies
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 1.0 CEUs for this event.
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 12.0
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program Level: Beginner
Delivery Methood: Group-Live
Advanced Preperation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must sign in/out each day, be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Case studies, PowerPoint presentations, and group discussion will be used in this event.
Monday, April 15, 2019
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. :: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. :: Group Luncheon
- Utility Supply Chain Excellence Model
- Functional Excellence
- Functional overview
- Maturity curves
- Leading practices
- Common pain points
- Service Excellence
- Achieving strategic alignment with customers
- Service delivery concepts
- A model for service delivery
- Measuring service performance
- Organizational Excellence
- Overview and key concepts
- Cultural success factors
- Organizational design and structures
- Staffing and talent management
- Day Review and Questions
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. :: Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. :: Course Timing
- Performance Excellence
- Overview and keys to success
- Select industry benchmarks
- Using metrics to drive performance
- Gap-based business planning
- Case Studies
- Course Review and Final Questions
Andy Flores, Partner and supply chain practice lead, ScottMadden
Andy Flores joined ScottMadden, Inc. in 2005 and is currently a Partner and supply chain practice lead with the firm.
- Specialties include supply chain management, operations improvement, strategy development, and process redesign across a wide spectrum of industries including utilities, industrial supply, industrial construction, and manufacturing
- Experience prior to joining ScottMadden included various positions from regional supply manager and sales development manager to physical distribution manager over a six-year period at McMaster-Carr Supply Company, a multibillion dollar industrial supply firm
- Additionally, Andy served in the United States Marine Corps as an infantry and intelligence officer
- Educational accomplishments include graduating Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. from the University of North Carolina and receiving an M.B.A. from Goizueta Business School at Emory University
Marc Miller, Partner, ScottMadden
Marc Miller is a partner with ScottMadden and has more than 15 years of experience helping business leaders become more successful. Marc also leads ScottMadden’s public power and electric cooperatives practice.
- Specialties include strategic and business planning, operational transformation, process improvement, program design and implementation, organizational design and staffing, and other management practices across a broad range of functions in several industries
- Prior to joining ScottMadden, Marc gained extensive experience through various leadership positions in operations, supply chain, sales, and customer service
- Marc received a bachelor of industrial engineering with highest honor and a master of science in industrial engineering from Georgia Tech, where he was a National Merit Scholar, a Governor’s Scholar, and a George Fellow
Springhill Suites Chicago/O’Hare
8101 W Higgins Rd
Chicago, IL 60631
Reserve your room:
please call 1-773-867-0000
Room Block Reserved For:
Nights of April 14 – 15, 2019
Room rate through EUCI:
$139.00 single or double plus applicable taxes
Make your reservations prior to March 18, 2019.
Please Note: Confirmed speakers do not need to register and are encouraged to participate in all sessions of the event. If you are a speaker and have any questions please contact our offices at 1.303.770.8800
|Event||Early Bird Before |
Friday, March 22, 2019
|Utility Supply Chain Fundamentals||US $ 1195.00||US $ 1395.00|
Register 3 Send 4th Free!
Any organization wishing to send multiple attendees to these conferences may send 1 FREE for every 3 delegates registered. Please note that all registrations must be made at the same time to qualify.
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before March 08, 2019 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800