We are pleased to announce our inaugural event, the Building Leadership: Women in Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC), taking place in Chicago on April 20th and 21st, 2017. This conference will bring together both women and men across related sectors in the AEC industry, leading the way on diversity and inclusion issues. Come network with top professionals in the industry regarding the most pertinent developments in AEC, and discuss the challenges of diversity in a traditionally male-dominated sector. Here we will cover strategies for leveraging both professional development resources in addition to technical advances in AEC to invoke change for diversity and inclusion. This event will ensure both women and men are prepared in the changing environment, and leave with the tools necessary to both continue the gender conversation in a solution-focused way, and utilize new developments and trends within AEC to help advance in this career despite any roadblocks.
- Implement strategies for continuing the gender conversation in the workplace
- Analyze women’s progress in AEC and the barriers that have already been broken down to find out what still needs to be done
- Compare the men’s perspective in the AEC industry to the female experience, and discuss strategies for how this side can help effect change
- Design a solution-oriented plan to bridge gender and generational differences by uncovering the effects of implicit bias
- Leverage committee work, mentorship, and women’s resource groups for career advancement
- Evaluate new developments in sustainability and resiliency issues, and project management techniques to lead their implementation
- Define practical applications for technical developments in AEC, and how these technologies can most effectively be utilized
- Assess the economic and business-focused benefits for diversity in the workplace
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 1.0 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must sign in/out each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the conference to be eligible for continuing education credits.
PowerPoint presentations, keynote presentations, and panel discussions will be used in this program.
Thursday, April 20, 2017
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. :: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 8:15 a.m. :: Conference Welcome
10:00 – 10:30 a.m. :: Networking Break
12:00 – 1:15 p.m. :: Group Luncheon
2:45 – 3:15 p.m. :: Networking Break
4:30 – 5:00 p.m. :: Group Introductions and Networking
5:00 – 6:00 p.m. :: Cocktail Reception
Sponsored by PlanGrid
Friday, April 21, 2017
7:30 – 8:00 a.m. :: Continental Breakfast
10:15 – 10:45 a.m. :: Networking Break
12:30 p.m. :: Conference Adjourns
Economics and Negotiation: Strategies for Finding Funding for Your Project
Friday, April 21, 2017
1:00 – 1:30 p.m. :: Registration
1:30 – 5:00 p.m. :: Workshop Timing
- Discussing the economic climate: what investors are looking for, and what developments are necessary for current investment
- Outlining typical contracts and potential complications in EPC, public-private partnerships (PPP), and JV agreements
- Defining what is financeable and a breakdown of the appropriate investment types by project, looking at equity vs. debt, contingencies, and acceptable risk levels for both lenders and investors
- Reviewing appropriately priced risk and the expectations for a seat at the table
- Analyzing the financials and representing the necessary details – focus on: cost-benefit analysis, lifecycle overall value, and triple-bottom line (TBL) analysis
- Effectively structuring your product and sell to optimize returns, and delivering it to the market
- Strategies and techniques for selling your project and your expertise to investors
- Developing relationships for continued economic returns and building opportunities in the future
- Assessing negotiation techniques to best represent both yourself and your project
- Breaking down the processes of new construction vs. rehabilitating existing structures
- The interest rate environment and expectations for the second half of 2017, and how this affects potential future project developments and existing contracts
- Reviewing tax benefits, environmental impact bonds, and benefits for renewable construction, and most effectively utilizing them
Hadley Peer Marshall, Senior Vice President, Brookfield Asset Management
Zoe Markwick, Commercial Director, Skanska
Anne Selting, Senior Director of Global Infrastructure, S&P Global Ratings
Someera Khokhar, Partner, White & Case LLP
Mike Bellaman, CEO, Associated Builders and Contractors
Barbara Bouza, Managing Director, Principal, Gensler
Mary Brush, Principal, Architect, Brush Architects
Gabrielle Bullock, Director of Global Diversity, Perkins & Will
Yolanda Cole, Senior Principal and Owner, Hickok Cole Architects
Fiona Cousins, Fellow, Principal, Mechanical Engineering and Sustainability Consulting, Arup
Laura Farthing, Senior Engineer, Eugene Water & Electric Board
Stacy Guercia, President, CEO, and Chairman, Triton Builders
Paul Hewins, Co-Chief Operating Officer, Skanska
April Hughes, Owner and Managing Principal, HPZS Architects
Aleisha Jaeger, Construction Director, Gilbane Building Company
Ann-Marie Jennette, Project Manager, Suffolk Construction
Brian Kundert, Senior Vice President of HR, Arcadis
Colleen Layman, Vice President, Resource Business Group Water Principal, HDR
Alfredo Mendez, Senior Director – Talent Management, Diversity and Organization Effectiveness, AECOM
Rachel Minnery, Senior Director of Sustainable Development Policy, AIA
Renita Mollman, Vice President and General Manager, Burns & McDonnell
Sara Ross, Senior Research Consulting Partner, Institute for Health and Human Potential (IHHP)
Gwen Searer, Associate Principal, Wiss, Janney, and Elstner Associates
Gloria Shealey, President, CEO, and Chairman, The Daniele Company
Jen Suerth, Vice President of Technical Services, Pepper Construction
Barbara Wagner, Senior Vice President, Clark Construction
Jacki Warner, HR Manager, Michels Corp.
Katherine Warzynski, Project Engineer, Kiewit
Kim Wright, CEO, Wright Commissioning
Elizabeth Velez, President and Chief Contract Administrator, The Velez Organization
Tracy Young, Co-Founder and CEO, PlanGrid
Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
163 E Walton Place
Chicago, IL 60611
To reserve your room, please call 1-312-751-8100 or book online here.
Please indicate that you are with the EUCI group to receive the group rate.
The room rate is $139.00 single or double plus applicable taxes.
Room Block Dates:
A room block has been reserved for the nights of April 19 – 20, 2017.
Rate Available Until:
Make your reservations prior to March 27, 2017. There are a limited number of rooms available at the conference rate. Please make your reservations early.
Please Note: Confirmed speakers do not need to register and are encouraged to participate in all sessions of the event. If you are a speaker and have any questions please contact our offices at 1.303.770.8800
|Building Leadership: Conference for Women in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC)||US $ 1195.00|
This event has the following workshops:
|Economics and Negotiation: Strategies for Finding Funding for Your Project||US $ 495.00
*Please note: all attendees of the conference will receive a flash drive containing all presentations that are made available by the presenters. If you cannot attend the conference but would still like a copy of these materials, please consider purchasing the proceedings package listed below
I cannot attend but would like a copy of the proceedings
|Proceedings package||US $ 295.00|
Take advantage of these discounts!
- Attend the Conference and workshop and pay $1,495.00 per attendee (save $ 195.00 each)
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before March 17, 2017 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800