Defect Assessment in Pipelines
March 13-14, 2024 | Online :: Central Time
The pipeline industry is currently grappling with critical challenges in assessing and managing pipeline anomalies, ranging from metal loss and cracks to dents, laminations, and pipeline-bending strain. The absence of standardized assessment methodology is jeopardizing the integrity and safety of our pipeline infrastructure.
Through this course, attendees will learn how to implement a robust framework that allows pipeline personnel to identify, assess, and effectively mitigate potential risks, ensuring long-term integrity, operational safety of pipelines, safeguarding investments, and protecting the environment.
This Defect Assessment course will highlight:
- Metal loss assessment methods and corrosion analysis
- Crack assessment and environmental crack growth
- Dent characterization and management
- Other anomalies such as laminations and pipeline bending strain
Register a team of five or more today to get discounts starting at 20% off.
- Review the categorization of metal loss in pipelines and its impact on integrity
- Apply various assessment methodologies for pipeline defect evaluations
- Analyze corrosion growth and its implications on pipeline integrity
- Assess cracks in pipelines using fracture mechanics principles
- Evaluate fatigue and environmental crack growth in pipelines
- Characterize dents and apply dent management techniques
- Assess other pipeline anomalies, including laminations and circumferentially-oriented defects
Wednesday, March 13, 2024 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
Log In and Welcome
12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Metal Loss Assessment
- Categorization of metal loss
- Assessment methodologies
- Corrosion growth analysis
- Discussion on corrosion crossing the longitudinal seam weld
- Fracture mechanics overview
- Pipeline fracture models
- Fatigue and environmental crack growth
- Dent characterization
- Dent management per API RP 1183
- Combined anomalies (such as dents with metal loss or gouges)
Thursday, March 14, 2024 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Assessment of Other Anomalies
- Circumferentially-oriented defects
- Pipeline bending strain analysis
Michael Turnquist, M.Sc., Quest Integrity
Michael Turnquist is a Senior Engineer with Quest Integrity’s Advanced Engineering group in Boulder, Colorado. In his 12 years with Quest, Michael has developed a deep knowledge in fracture mechanics, fitness-for-service, and pipeline integrity management. Currently, Michael manages Quest Integrity’s Pipeline Engineering Critical Assessment group which supports pipeline operators worldwide. Michael has a BS degree in Civil Engineering and a MS degree in Structural Engineering from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a separate email with a unique link to a personalized landing page which will include links to join all sessions of this event.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all attendees for 7 days after the event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS EVENT:
Defect Assessment in Pipelines
March 13-14, 2024 | Online
|Individual attendee(s) - $ 1195.00 each|
Volume pricing also available
Individual attendee tickets can be mixed with ticket packs for complete flexibility
|Pack of 5 attendees - $ 4,780.00 (20% discount)|
|Pack of 10 attendees - $ 8,365.00 (30% discount)|
|Pack of 20 attendees - $ 14,340.00 (40% discount)|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before February 09, 2024 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800
EUCI is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 1.0 CEUs for this event
Requirements for Successful Completion of the Program
Participants must log in each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
PowerPoint presentations, group discussions, and active participation.
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 11.5
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program field of study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Advanced Preparation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
Who Should Attend
- Pipeline engineers
- Pipeline managers
- Pipeline design engineers
- Regulatory and compliance personnel
- Quality assurance and control professionals
- Service professionals involved with the operation, maintenance, inspection and repair of pipelines