Renewable Diesel & Sustainable Aviation Fuel 101
March 20, 2023 | Online :: Central Time
Renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) are becoming increasingly important contributors to the shift towards more alternative/renewable energy thanks to their reputation for being a fast and easy way for transport vehicles to reduce emissions. And with social, political, and economical pressures mounting, the renewable fuel industry will continue to be a large part of the conversation in transitioning to cleaner energy.
This fundamental-level one-day workshop will provide attendees with much of the requisite information needed to knowledgably discuss and/or evaluate renewable diesel and SAF projects. After starting with a comprehensive overview of the industry, the course will then switch to process technology, pretreatment options, regulatory requirements/incentives, and economic returns. For those interested in project development, the workshop will also review everything from utility requirements to logistics and procurement to project execution including site selection, preliminary engineering, financing, and construction. However, the program is also crafted to make sure all attendees have the time and opportunity to ask questions, share challenges, and join in discussions.
- Discuss the renewable fuels industry and its role in the ongoing clean energy transition
- Consider trends in global energy with a focus on evolving supply and demand balances
- Analyze competing renewable diesel and/or SAF technologies considering technical requirements, commercial licensing issues, process guarantees, constructability considerations, carbon footprints, and project execution
- Assess the logistics and procurement of renewable feedstock supply, including global supply and demand balances and pricing relationships
- Evaluate various commercial feed pretreatment and technology options
- Examine representative project economics while considering capital costs/timing, feedstock and operating costs, product prices, working capital requirements, and more
Monday, March 20, 2023 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
Log In and Welcome
12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Introduction & Industry Overview
- Global Energy Supply/Demand Balances
- Global Refining Overview
- Climate Change, Energy Transition and Refining Industry Responses
- Renewable Energy Focus: EU/North America
- Renewable Diesel/Sustainable Aviation Fuel Operating Plant Locations
Renewable Diesel & Sustainable Aviation Fuel Technology
- Feed Types, Requirements, and Sourcing Challenges
- RD/SAF Process Schemes
- Licensed Technologies
- Supporting Systems and Storage Requirements
- Carbon Footprint Reduction Strategies
Feed Pretreatment Options
- Characteristic Contaminants
- Design Considerations/Technology Licensors
- Pretreatment Process: Flow Diagrams and Process Chemistry
Global Renewable Diesel & Sustainable Aviation Fuel Feedstocks
- EU Renewable Feedstocks
- North America Renewable Feedstocks
- Other Oils Used for Renewable Fuels
- Animal Fats Used for Renewable Fuels
Project Execution & Risk Management
- Defining the Project: Greenfield vs. Revamp/Repurpose
- Renewable Project Development Sequence
- RD/SAF Project Execution Challenges
- Investment Risks and Mitigation Strategies
- Feedstock Pricing Relationships and Product Price Calculations
- Gross Margin Build-Up
- Typical Operating Expenses
- Capital and Turnaround Spending
- Pro Forma Financial Statement
- Construction Costs and Spending Curve
- Working Capital
Mr. Tod D. McGreevy; Vice President/Director; Muse, Stancil and Co.
Mr. Tod McGreevy has 30 years of industry experience and a diverse background in petroleum refining and manufacturing. Mr. McGreevy currently serves as Vice President and Director of Muse, Stancil and Co., a global energy consultancy headquartered in Dallas, Texas. He has been with Muse since 2003 and is also a Director of Muse’s Singapore affiliate, Muse, Stancil & Co (Asia), PTE, LTD. During his career, Mr. McGreevy has held various positions that encompass many of the technical/managerial functions found in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry. Previous work assignments have given him a wealth of experience in refinery economics including tactical planning and optimization, long-term, strategic planning, project evaluation, economic justification, and development, budgeting, financial performance measurement and benchmarking, and financial modeling.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After November 30 you will not be able to join a Teams meeting using Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS EVENT:
Renewable Diesel & Sustainable Aviation Fuel 101
March 20, 2023 | Online
|Individual attendee(s) - $ 895.00 each|
Volume pricing also available
Individual attendee tickets can be mixed with ticket packs for complete flexibility
|Pack of 5 attendees - $ 3,580.00 (20% discount)|
|Pack of 10 attendees - $ 6,265.00 (30% discount)|
|Pack of 20 attendees - $ 10,740.00 (40% discount)|
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before February 17, 2023 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800
EUCI is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 0.7 CEUs for this event
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must log in and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
PowerPoint presentations, interactive group exercise, and group discussion will be used during this course.
Upon successful completion of this event, program participants interested in receiving CPE credits will receive a certificate of completion.
Course CPE Credits: 8.5
There is no prerequisite for this Course.
Program field of study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Advanced Preparation: None
EUCI is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
Who Should Attend
- Independent Project Developers
- Petroleum Refiners
- Energy Lenders
- Investment Analysts
- Petroleum Market Analysts
- Regulators/Government Officials
- Energy Company Finance Executives
- Technology Suppliers
- Commercial Business Analysts
- Products Supply and Distribution Executives
- Strategic/Business Development Managers
- E&C Firms/Economic Feasibility Analysts