Establishing an Asset Management System (AMS) for Water and Wastewater Utilities with ISO 55000
March 9, 2022 | Online :: Central Time
“Very impactful.” CSO Supervisor, West County Wastewater
A management system is the collection of all the policies and procedures that are used by an organization to ensure that it can achieve its objectives. This one day course take a visual journey through the sequence of steps that are required to capture the structure and scope of an existing water and/or wastewater asset management system, identify “gaps”, and develop a roadmap for alignment to the requirements of ISO 55000 (the international standard for asset management).
The course includes real-world examples from several organizations including public and private water systems, wastewater utilities and government and municipal water organizations. The participants will conduct a series of practical exercises to demonstrate how the various gap analysis tools and road mapping techniques can be applied to their organization or their department within the organization. The lessons in this course can be applied to a single department (or business unit) within an organization or to the corporate enterprise as a whole.
- Describe the elements of a water asset management system
- Differentiate the types of water asset management systems
- Explain how ISO 55000 provides guidance as a management system for asset-intensive organizations
- Recognize the tools and techniques to conduct a gap analysis relative to ISO 55000
- Describe the process to develop a roadmap to close the gaps and address the misalignments in a water asset management system
- Review the requirements to effectively influence key stakeholders
Wednesday, March 9, 2022 : Central Time
8:45 – 9:00 a.m.
Log In and Welcome
12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Short breaks will be taken throughout the sessions
Introduction and Core Principles
- The purpose of a water asset management system
- The different types of management system standards – generic and water sector-specific
- High level structure (HLS) of management systems under the ISO family of standards
My Organization’s Current State
- The suite of tools to evaluate a management system relative to the ISO 5000 standard
- Examples of gap analyses and maturity assessments performed on water and wastewater organizations seeking alignment to ISO 55000
- Methods to effectively visualize the “gaps and misalignments” in a water asset management system
My Organization’s Desired Future State
- The development of initiatives to close the opportunity gaps to align with ISO 55000
- Methods for prioritization of the improvement initiatives
- Tips for communicating the roadmap to internal and external stakeholders to ensure their buy-in and support
David Albrice, Director, AIM Asset Insight Management Ltd
David has over 25 years of experience in asset management in both the public and private sectors, having provided services for a wide variety of organizations including water utilities, municipalities, airports and rail networks. He has a degree in Urban & Regional Planning and is a certified financial reserve analyst, a certified ISO 55001 asset management assessor, a certified maintenance reliability leader and change manager. David has delivered asset management training for dozens of organizations and has invigilated the asset management certificate exam on behalf of the Institute of Asset Management.
We will be using Microsoft Teams to facilitate your participation in the upcoming event. You do not need to have an existing Teams account in order to participate in the broadcast – the course will play in your browser and you will have the option of using a microphone to speak with the room and ask questions, or type any questions in via the chat window and our on-site representative will relay your question to the instructor.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After November 30 you will not be able to join a Teams meeting using Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft recommends downloading and installing the Teams app if possible. You may also use the Edge browser or Chrome.
- You will receive a meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting.
- Separate meeting invitations will be sent for the morning and afternoon sessions of the course.
- You will need to join the appropriate meeting at the appropriate time.
- If you are using a microphone, please ensure that it is muted until such time as you need to ask a question.
- The remote meeting connection will be open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the course. We encourage you to connect as early as possible in case you experience any unforeseen problems.
Please Note: This event is being conducted entirely online. All attendees will connect and attend from their computer, one connection per purchase. For details please see our FAQ
If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, we make recordings available to all registrants for three business days after the event
|Single Connection - Establishing an Asset Management System (AMS) for Water and Wastewater Utilities with ISO 55000||US $ 795.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 3,180.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 5,565.00|
|Pack of 20 Connections||US $ 9,540.00|
|Call us at 303.770.8800 if you have any specific questions on the volume discounts|
|* all other discounts do not apply to license packs|
This event has the following related events:
|Asset Management for Water Utilities||US $ 1295.00|
|Pack of 5 connections||US $ 5,180.00|
|Pack of 10 Connections||US $ 9,065.00|
|Pack of 20 Connections||US $ 15,540.00|
Take advantage of these discounts!
- Attend the Course and Asset Management for Water Utilities and pay US $ 1,995.00 per attendee (save US $ 95.00 each)
Your registration may be transferred to a member of your organization up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations must be received on or before February 04, 2022 in order to be refunded and will be subject to a US $195.00 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be made after this date. Cancellations received after this date will create a credit of the tuition (less processing fee) good toward any other EUCI event. This credit will be good for six months from the cancellation date. In the event of non-attendance, all registration fees will be forfeited. In case of conference cancellation, EUCIs liability is limited to refund of the event registration fee only. For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaints and refunds, please contact our offices at 303-770-8800